Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tis the Season

Dave is really getting in the Christmas spirit this year. He loves all the lights and decorations, and seems less afraid of Santa Claus. I don't think he understands the real meaning of the holiday yet, but he will say baby Jesus on occasion.





He loved the tree so much that we got him a set of lights out to play with. Really, it's to keep him from destroying our ornaments, but he's having a blast regardless.












I taught him to lay under the tree and gaze up at the lights. Since we can't put out presents yet (he's already opened some I put under the tree in the cottage), he has plenty of room to sprawl and enjoy.










You can't see the tree, but he's standing next to it and was showing me all the ornaments. Here's a video. Oh, and at the end of the video you can faintly hear him so "no way!". It's his favorite phrase lately.







We haven't really been doing a lot lately, just hanging out and trying to keep Dave entertained inside. Thankfully, Dave does love to play in his room. We're working on getting him to share his toys with us since he forces us to sit and play with him...not that much fun if we just have to sit there (he assigns us places to sit!).




Here he is enjoying one of his birthday presents from my dad and Kyra. It's a little big yet, but he climbs onto an old ottoman and then can dunk. I see a future Hoosier!









Helping me make eggs for the cottage last Sunday. Check out his awesome Bears jersey from Josh's parents.





And here's a video Josh took of Dave in his room. I need to get the baby


I almost forgot-we decided to skip Dave's 2 year appointment (they never tell us anything important anyway) and weighed and measured him here at home. He is 33.5 inches tall (25th percentile), weighs 24.5 lbs (10th percentile), and has a head circumference of 19 inches (35th percentile).

1 comment:

lromer said...

Awesome post! I loved the videos! Thank you (again) for keeping us updated!