Monday, February 1, 2016

January Recap

We have had a busy start to the year already!  Dave is back to school and loving it, we bought a new (to us) van, and I finally joined the 21st century and got a smart phone!  In sad news, one of our turtles (from when my brother and I were little) died last week.  Shelly lived a nice long life (at least 20 years!), but I almost expected them to outlive me.  Here's Ike with Yertle.



And a video of him saying "purple turtle".  Love how he says it!








Ike and I have been working a little on letters and numbers.  He basically has no interest in either.  Definitely different from his brother!!  I thought I better get him started since he starts preschool next year-where has the time gone??  He has become super temperamental at times but is still our little joke-ster and thinks all gross bodily functions are absolutely hilarious.  Oh-and he learned to snap.  Here's a video!  He is super proud of his new talent  :)




He wanted me to take a picture of his mean face.








Dave has been getting along great in school.  I hear very little about what actually goes on from him though!  He can read most kids books now with a little help sounding out the hard words, which is just crazy to me.  Love hearing him work through words and how excited he gets when he figures a difficult one out.  We spend a lot of time at the pool because I lifeguard on campus, and Dave wanted me to take some cool action shots of him with my new phone the other day.




Popping out of the water.




Not sure what this move is!







The boys fight constantly and drive each other crazy (and me too most days!).  But then they do something super sweet for the other and I forget about all the noise they created just minutes before.  They do agree on a couple things-their love of the movie Jumanji (random right?) and the Goosebumps TV show.  We are all super excited about our upcoming trip to Florida-leaving in less than a month now!  Even though our winter hasn't been too bad, we are looking forward to some of that Florida sunshine.





One last pic-selfie with Ike.







All the photos in this post are courtesy of my new phone!  I think I kinda like it  :)

No comments: