Sunday, November 20, 2016

Charleston-Magnolia Plantation and Fort Sumter

Since I'm having a hard time remembering what order we did stuff in and I don't have the energy to actually figure it out (thanks strep throat!), I'm just posting what I feel like posting today.  :)

We headed out to Magnolia Plantation one morning and it was gorgeous!  I will say that I could definitely do without the swarms of mosquitoes (apparently we have Hurricane Matthew to thank for those).





Family picture. Cuteness.






Seriously, so beautiful.




I can't get enough of live oaks with spanish moss!




Josh spied this little fella from the animal lookout tower.




View of the house-we didn't go inside, just enjoyed the trails and nature.
















Look at these cute boys.  They did really well on this adventure!










Even though my family has been to Charleston tons of times we had never been out to Fort Sumter, so we were all really excited to check it out.   We had to wait a bit for our boat, so the boys did a lot of pokemon hunting and we took some photos!






Had to get a pic of the cool Charleston bridge.





Tony and Ben.





On the boat ride over.






Checking out the ruins.




It was so beautiful from the top!





Boat ride back!





Selfie of me and the boys one morning.



Grandpa Dave and Ike hunting for treasure.  Uncle Denny's metal detector was a huge hit.




Fancy dinner at FIG with Tony and Ben.  Huge shout out to Gamma for keeping the kids so we could do adult dinners!












Dinner menu.  My favorite thing was the cottage cheese and burnt eggplant.  Sounds crazy but was ridiculously delicious!

No comments: