Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Ike's 5th Birthday

Well, Ike is 5. I always think the previous year's birthday is the hardest and then they go and get another year older and it's the same as before. I'm not quite sure where my babies went, but I sure do love hanging out with these crazy boys that they've become! 

I've been thinking about how I can describe Ike to capture his spirit at this age. Pictures probably do the best job, but there are so many things I want to remember!  Like how he says "breaktast" instead of breakfast. Never fails to make my smile every morning. Right now he's obsessed with Amazon Music and spends most of his day playing and listening to Fall Out Boy or the new Imagine Dragons CD.  I cannot tell you how many times he's run in to blare a song in my face that he's sure I'll love. (He's usually wrong, ha!)

He's teetering on the edge of a lot of things being too little kid for him but I catch him playing with his toys from a couple years ago or he gets a renewed interest in tractors again anytime he sees one in action. Ike is very strong-willed (like his brother...wonder where they got that trait from?). If he gets it in his head that he won't do something, good luck!  Take for instance PJ day at his school this morning. No doing, he was not wearing pajamas.  Instead he wore a polo.  Who doesn't want to wear pajamas all day? 

Alright, on to the pictures.







He got two $5 bills from Josh's grandparents.  Thrilled!



















Posing with his black panther cake.  Not sure what that creepy smile is about!
















He was very excited to receive a laser tag game.










Commando set he got from my dad and Kyra. 







I forced him to take a selfie with me on his actual birthday. We had almost two weeks of celebrating for him this year!






He got his face painted at our church's fall fest.  He's black panther so they painted a cat face on him, ha!






He found a dead snake at my dad's house.  And proceeded to carry it around.  If that doesn't describe him, I don't know what will!













Ike is such a joy to raise...he's always doing something goofy or super sweet.  He even will still snuggle with me sometimes!  He is incredibly difficult to punish because when he gets into trouble it's usually for something so ridiculous that we can't help but laugh at his antics. I say it all the time, but I would love to just pause him (and Dave) at their current ages right now. They are so much fun!



No comments: