Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Nashville

At the very end of September Josh and I took a trip to Nashville. Mostly to go see my favorite country artist (Jon Pardi) but also because we'd never been and had heard great things about the city. As usual we picked the hottest time to go (it was in the 90s the whole time we were there), but we powered through and got to see a lot of the downtown area.

We stayed at an Airbnb in an apartment building on Church Street which was a great location to go see everything. Ate lots of great food, heard some pretty good acts and did some line dancing! Pretty sure we hit all the highlights of a trip to Nashville!







We found lots of good blues music to listen to so Josh didn't get too burned out with all the country music!







Walked to the Gulch area to eat at Biscuit Love. Oh my goodness these bonuts were incredible.





This sandwich won best breakfast sandwich in the country. It was also delicious!





We hiked on over the pedestrian bridge in the morning before it got too hot. I will say it was definitely too hot by the time we walked back, ha!






View of downtown Nashville from across the Cumberland.






Josh was dying to try out those electric scooters so we rented one to play with going back across the bridge. It was not for me!






Dinner/snack at Etch. Steak carpaccio-so yummy!





Roasted cauliflower with all kinds of fancy sauces.





I might have instagram stalked Jon Pardi and saw he was at this record store on Broadway. So we speedwalked on over!






Jon was super nice and posed for a picture with me even though they were running late!






First concert at the Ryman Auditorium-loved this venue!







I'm afraid I may have caused some hearing loss to those in front of us when I was screaming about Brooks and Dunn coming on stage for a couple of songs!





I loved seeing this building all lit up!














Meanwhile back at home my mom came up to watch the kids (and it was her birthday!).





At the I Survived party at the library.







Applebee's for dinner.




And they carved pumpkins!













We met mom in Indy on our way down and Justin rode up with her to eat brunch with us. We dropped him back off in Bloomington on our way down south. Huge shout-out to my grandpa for letting us borrow his convertible for the trip!!








Traveling in style!
















Brunch at Hedge Row.










We had such a fun time exploring Nashville, I definitely want to go back again! The only downside of the trip was getting stuck in a major traffic jam on 65 on our way home. We sat for 2 hours only moving about a half mile! That was a bit rough but thankfully no one was hurt from the accident (an RV caught on fire apparently)!






No comments: