Thursday, November 28, 2019

Dave is a Decade

Hard to believe this guy is 10 already! Here's a look at Dave through the years on his birthdays :)






















































































































































































How did that itty baby get so big!??
















Ike had to get in on Dave's birthday photo shoot.














For his birthday Dave wanted to have his friends over for a sleepover again, which is fine by me! His friends are all great kids and they have so much fun together!










No sleepover is complete without a visit to the campus pool.







Ready for cake!
















Speaking of cake, this was a hot mess!













Dave had requested marshmallow icing and I am just not that great with working with it yet. First of all my food coloring gel was super old so the "red" just turned the icing pink. So I decided to make it look like a Voodoo donut that we had on vacation in Universal. However, the cake started cracking so I stuck it in the fridge and Josh helped me prop it up.









Not my prettiest cake, but it still tasted good!













For entertainment at the party I looked up some of those old Minute to Win It games. Always a hit and the supplies are pretty easy!








Moving ping pong balls with a spoon.






Here's a video of them moving cotton balls with their noses covered in vaseline. 












As for Dave's likes and dislikes currently:

Still all-in on Fortnite. Josh and the boys play on his days off and they have so much fun. I don't get it at all but I'm glad they have something to bond over :)

He's been re-reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series lately. He asked for the whole set for Christmas even! Also still enjoying the Dog Man books (a new one comes out every 6 months).

He had a good season playing basketball in town. It was really competitive which was great for Dave and he said he had a lot of fun.

Dave continues to wake up at the crack of dawn every day-he's up by 6:15 at the latest every single day. I always want to include this tidbit for when he finally sleeps in as a teenager (fingers crossed!).

He has gotten back into building legos in the last year. Especially the architect series-he's getting several for Christmas so he's gonna be busy over break!

I think his favorite TV show right now is Amazing World of Gumball. We watched it a lot over vacation this summer and I see him watching it pretty frequently now.

Favorite music is mostly Christian hip hop or whatever indie music Josh is listening to at the moment. Currently it's this song Cringe-they play it on repeat!


That's all I can think of for now-I'm sure I'll think of something else later :) Dave is truly a joy in our lives and definitely keeps us on our toes.


No comments: