Friday, December 19, 2008

Goodbyes

Well, today was my last day at Herron. By the time I left, I felt so loved and appreciated that it made it so difficult to leave. I am very excited to start the new job, but a day like today makes me want to stay at Herron and never leave.

A bunch of students got together and created a keepsake for me and brought in lunch (and created the most elaborate group hug ever) and it was difficult for me to keep it together. Then I received a gift from the staff and faculty along with cards. Everyone was so kind and encouraging for our new endeavor. I was proud of myself for making it through the day without breaking down, but as soon as I left hanging out with some teachers it was all over.

I cried the whole way home, thinking about all the students and faculty who have shaped my life over the past year and a half. It is hard for me to imagine not coming back to school after break even though I know that's the case. I am so thankful that my first real job was one that I absolutely loved coming to (on most days!) and that I was able to work with and teach such amazing people. I hope everyone is able to keep in touch and lets me in on how their lives are going.


Alright, enough with that, or I'll get all emotional again. I officially start at White's on Monday, though I am going up tomorrow. We're still waiting to hear back from our buyer about the inspection specifications, so hoping that all works out. I just want to be done with it!!! I also heard from Josh that one of our kids isn't able to go home (he's been at White's for over a year) because his uncle had an outburst in court. What is wrong with people? Some of our new "kids" have some crappy people in their lives. Our goal is to show them that's not how they should treat their families in the future...

5 comments:

Dana & Keith Newbrough said...

I am so glad to hear that you had a great last day. I am sure it was emotional. I pray that this next chapter of your life is amazing. Please know that you are in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Keep in touch.

With love,
Dana

Anna Kalyani Sardar said...

Didn't get to say goodbye. Thanks for setting an excellent example of love and concern for your students.
God's blessings on your new opportunity and have a merry Christmas!

smoxey said...

I don't know why the previous comment was left under the name "Anna", but it's me.
--Steve Moxey

Didn't get to say goodbye. Thanks for setting an excellent example of love and concern for your students.
God's blessings on your new opportunity and have a merry Christmas!

audreyandabby said...

We just laughed so hard that Mr. Moxey's psuedonym is Anna that it made the crazy pain of reading this sorrowful blog more bearable. But not all the way better.
(Up above was Audrey, but now it's me, well, Abby). I was going to out my Latin name untill I realized that we never had those. I am still laughing at Anna, no joke. But really, we've been thinking a lot about you over break and we miss you a lot already. We promise we appreciated you throughout the entire year, and not just because you were leaving. Though, I do admit, I would have never thought to give you a mixed CD untill you told us that you were leaving. I hope you are having fun at White's. Kind of, I'm still bitter. It is a good thing though.
You are in our hearts and sacrifices!
Much love,
Audrey and Abby
P.S. - We meant sacrifices to be funny, but maybe it wasn't?

Laverne and Shirley said...

It's pathetic, but we miss you already. oh, by the way this is lea and emily. we are keeping you, josh, and the guys in our prayers.

Lots of love and a Merry Christmas to you!

Lea and Em.