Thursday, February 16, 2012

Transitioning

Since we moved over, Dave has had a bit of a rough time adjusting. I think we're getting through it now, but the last week has been trying our patience!

I think we are very close to successful "big boy bed" sleeping. The first week was terrible, and it was mostly my fault. I was staying with him until he fell asleep, which really did seem like a good idea. However, he would wake up and notice I was missing and get really upset. The last few nights I've been letting him fuss without me and it's gone much better.




Dave's having a love-hate relationship with the big boy bed.






The other day I was out watching the cottage when I kept hearing a weird noise from our apartment. Turns out Dave invented a new game in one of our closets.





I believe he's calling it Hit the Hangers with a Curtain Rod. Gonna be a big hit.






He's really been enjoying his new space out in the cottage.





Running around with one of his many wheeled toys. If it's not the stroller, it's a shopping cart, or a toy from when he was first walking. He sprints around yelling "I can't stop!".










He's taken to playing chess.









Very concentrated.










Couple more pictures of the new place. This is our living room.











Love the photo wall that Josh's parents put together of all of our travel pictures.










Dave being surprised by Josh.







Well, this weekend we're heading to Columbus to see my mom. We're going down to Ikea on Saturday to score some new furniture, so we're looking forward to that. Otherwise, we're just excited to get 2 1/2 days off! Then we only have a week left til Florida. Definitely can't wait for that, our weather has been so dreary lately.

And finally, I forgot to post about Dave's progress in my last post. So, here are some updates... he loves to sing, definitely knows all of his letters, working on the numbers now, loves going to the library (mostly to play with puzzles), and has rediscovered the book Things That Go. We read it every single night. Not that I'm tired of it or anything!

No comments: