Sunday, July 1, 2012

Last Days of Vacation

Well our glorious two week vacation has now come to an end.  Back to work today!  We aren't too bummed about going back to work, but we sure will miss sleeping in.  

 Here are some pictures from our last couple of days in Gatlinburg.

Tuesday morning Josh and I got up and went for a hike without Dave (my mom watched him for us).  We went up to Grotto Falls and it was definitely worth the hike!






 I finally figured out how to take pictures of a waterfall.  Josh actually took this picture, but I was giving him pointers!














Dave fishing while we were hiking.










That afternoon, we went down into Gatlinburg again to buy some more taffy (I think I ate at least a pound of it by myself...oops) and go out to eat with mom and Justin.  We went to the Smoky Mountain Brewery and Restaurant again-delicious food!





Family picture in front of Dave's favorite attraction-a horse riding a man.  Classy Dave.







Mom and Justin headed home on Wednesday, then we had our last day to ourselves.  So we went shopping in Pigeon Forge and then came back to the cabin to pack.  





Dave dancing in the kitchen.





Outside of the cabin.









We had a great time hanging out in the Gatlinburg area.  I would recommend going into the national park as often as possible and avoiding the cities.  Our cabin rental was awesome if anyone wants the information on it-and the guy cut us a great deal. Thanks to everyone who came down to hang out with us, it was so much fun to see everybody and relax!


No comments: