Monday, November 26, 2012

Dave's 3rd Birthday

Every time Dave hits another milestone, I am always taken by surprise.  I am not sure how I am going to survive things like high school graduation and him moving out!  This time my baby (not so much anymore) turned three and I am both saddened and incredibly excited.  I really can't wait to see what the next year will bring as far as his personality and abilities go.  He has changed so much since last year! 

Here are a couple pictures from the last weeks that I haven't had a chance to post...





Guess I'm not as cool as I thought-clearly I am upsetting him in some way.





Still a total ham for the camera.





He loves to make silly faces with mom while I get videos ready for him on youtube.




Waiting patiently for his next "concert" to get ready-he loves watching bands play.









 
He has really grown to love music-I'll post a picture of his new drum set once we get it set up.  







This year we had two little celebrations for him-one at Josh's parent's house, and one at the cottage on his actual birthday.





Watching grandma load up his donuts with candles.





Ready for his cake in the cottage.


















The boys convinced him to dive right in!













I decided that I should document in some way what Dave is like on his birthday, so this year I started what I hope will become a tradition of interviewing him on his favorite stuff (or at least trying to!).  Here's his 3rd birthday video.  

All in all, it's been a great year with Dave.  The past couple months have been a little rough with the addition of Isaac, but he has definitely been getting better as far as that goes.  He has such an awesome personality and jokes around with us constantly.  I can't believe that he can memorize entire songs, and I'm pretty sure he is the youngest Foster the People fan out there.  You know you're doing something right when your child requests that you play the song John Deere Green constantly :) 

I am so grateful to have such a great kid to be a part of our lives.  Life with Dave is never boring, and I am looking forward to see what kinds of antics he gets into over the next year! 

No comments: