Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bowyers in Kansas

Last Friday, my dad and I headed out to Kansas to see my grandma.  I had not been out there since the summer of 2011, so she had never met Ike and hadn't seen Dave in a couple years.  It was so nice to see everybody, especially grandma-she has Alzheimer's, but still remembers people for the most part now (just has trouble with really recent stuff). 







Grandma and Aunt Candy playing with Ike.












Dad and Ike playing one morning.




Uncle Tim and Ike hanging out in the garage.  




Dave and Ike playing in grandma's walker.




Uncle Steve tasked Dave with making toast one morning.  He was PUMPED to help out!




Grandma with the boys.




Ike really started walking around while we were out there.




Ike and my cousin Sabrina.  She was Dave's best buddy the whole time we were out there.








My Aunt Keri bought Dave a sweet bubble gun, so he had a blast playing with it one night. 








My cousin Bree and Ike running through the sea of bubbles.





Dave attacking the bubbles with the ninja sword Uncle Steve made him.  (He wanted to be a ninja turtle.)






It was a really nice, but quick visit.  Dad had a lot of business to take care of for grandma, so he was pretty busy.  The kids and I hung out with grandma and played during the day and then all the family came over most of the nights to have dinner.  It was a little stressful for me because the noise the kids created disturbed grandma sometimes, but they did a fantastic job and adapted pretty well.  Grandma even got in on the fun sometimes...she really enjoyed playing catch with all the balloons that Dave insisted on blowing up!  I was definitely happy to get home (Josh didn't come with us, he had to work), but we had a great trip!

1 comment:

lromer said...

I am so glad you got to see grandma and the rest of your Kansas family!