Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ike is 18 Months (Where did my baby go?)

Ugh, it's happening again.  How can Ike possibly be a year and half?  His second birthday is going to be rough.  And then when you add in my 30th birthday in May...sheesh I am getting old!  :)  Anyway, Ike's awesome and just so darn cute and we are loving every minute of him being a toddler.  He gets really excited about everything so you can't help but be excited along with him.

Since I was gone in Kansas for his actual "birthday", my mom took some pictures for me (can you believe I remembered to bring the sign with us to Evansville? That's why I always make a list!).  She said he was not being very cooperative, which is how he ended up in the cozy coupe.






Feeling pretty pleased he got to be in the car.  He can be quite manipulative :)

















He looks like a wild man behind the wheel.













 I don't feel like he's changed a ton since the last update.  Still getting into everything, although he can get into more lately.  Have I mentioned how much he likes to open the fridge and dump random food items out on the floor? 

I am sure he has started saying some new words, but it all just runs together at this point.  Whenever he is learning to say a new word, he always enunciates it a lot.  I love how he says milk right now, he really emphasizes that "k".  He is trying to communicate more and more, but still insists on signing please and thank you despite being able to say both.  Not sure he'll ever vocalize those!

We are starting to get some resistance to naps and going to bed at night.  As I am writing this he is banging on the wall in his bedroom.  Meanwhile Dave is fast asleep (for now at least!).  I am fairly certain the boys are scheming against me so that I get very little sleep so that I am exhausted and then allow them to get away with more.  And it's working.

He has started asking for everything to be turned on-even things that don't have batteries (like a snow globe he found in Dave's room).  He gets pretty mad at me when I tell them that something won't turn on like he expects it will. Ike has also started to pee in the toilet before bath.  Here's hoping he continues being excited about that and potty trains sooner rather than later!








Just looking cute while playing in the living room.







I taught him how to fake cry the other day.  He is surprisingly good at it.  I am wondering now why I would ever teach him this.













I went looking for him the other day and found him in Dave's room wearing his winter hat.  Weird kid. 






Well, that about wraps up Ike for now.  He is just a super fun kid who constantly surprises me (and keeps me on my toes!).  Can't wait to see how his personality changes in the future.

No comments: