Monday, September 8, 2014

A Week in Southern Indiana

We just spent a fantastic week relaxing with the family down in Evansville.  Josh had some extra vacation time, so we headed down to see everybody and enjoy the tail-end of summer.  Tony took off the whole week, but everybody else had to work which gave us lots of time to do some random activities that we have been wanting to do!





Dave with Uncle Justin.  He was so excited that my stepbrother Justin came to visit over Labor Day weekend!  They had lots of nerf fights!





Ike with Uncle Tony.  Adorable.




We went to Sky Zone!  So. Much. Fun.










One summer in college I worked at the plant where my dad works in Kentucky.  Every day Tony and I drove past Audubon State Park in Henderson and I always wanted to see what it was...finally made it there, and it was so nice!






Dave and Josh on a grapevine.








The long hike to the "scenic" overlook.




It wasn't super scenic, but we had a lot of fun getting there.








We ventured over to Kentucky again to go to Smothers Park in Owensboro.  Seriously the nicest park/play area I have ever seen.  Highly recommended if you are in the area!





Dave and Ike in the splash area.



I think they thought it was funny because it looked like they were peeing?  Boys...






Dave climbed this big rock wall all by himself.




Just watching a barge go by.




Big time bubbles in Gamma's awesome tub.




Riding some rides at Gatti Town.  Dave even got to go on the bumper cars.




I just loved Dave's expression here.




Ike and Papa Charlie on one of several lawn mower rides.  He always made sure to tell me that it was "on" afterwards.







So that was pretty much our visit.  I didn't get any pictures of the kids playing in the pool, but we spent many afternoons lounging in the sunshine!  Dave, Josh, and Tony also played golf one afternoon, but I received no pictures of the event.  Lots of good food and fun times being with family!

No comments: