Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fall Visit to Evansville

Last weekend was Josh's duty weekend, so the kids and I went on our first solo trip to Evansville.  I was a little nervous driving all that way by myself, but the kids did a pretty good job and it went quickly both times.  I do wish that either kid would sleep in the car...can't win them all.  :)

We didn't do a whole lot while we were in town, mostly just visited.  Friday morning we went over to grandpa's house to play with all his cool big boy toys.








Cruising around in the Polaris.




Ike is a huge fan of his motorcycle.










Then we went to dad and Kyra's for the afternoon.  It was ridiculously beautiful out, so dad and I took the kids to a park right by their house.






Ike insisted on watching this combine plow the entire field instead of playing!








Saturday morning my mom busted out a blind bag for Dave to open (if you didn't know already, these are Dave's most favorite things right now).





He got skater girl, who he said had cool hair.











Then we headed to Goebel's pumpkin patch with dad, Kyra, and Tony.  This place was pretty cool and had lots of stuff for the kids to do.  We even got to ride on a tractor and pick our own pumpkins.








Ike was mesmerized by the gigantic pumpkins.





Just relaxing on some pumpkins.  Looks comfy...





Tony and Dave doing a weird pose on the hay ride.






In the pumpkin patch.  There were so many to choose from!













The kids carved pumpkins with my mom before I even woke up on Saturday morning (and I didn't even sleep in that late!).  I didn't get any pictures of them actually carving the pumpkins, but here is an after picture.








Ike's was normal and Dave's was a skeleton with flames.









Pretty creepy looking when it is all lit up!











We had a nice visit, but were definitely missing Josh and were glad to be home on Sunday!  I am much more confident now that I can make the trek to Evansville by myself without too much trouble.

No comments: