Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's Day

Well, we had a super busy Valentine's Day weekend!  Josh was on duty for the weekend, so he and I went out to dinner on Thursday (a big thanks to his parents for watching the boys!) and then it was a whirlwind from there.  The kids and I decided late in the week that we would go visit with my dad and Kyra in Indy since they were going to be in town at my stepbrother Rob's house.  It was really nice to see everybody and the kids always love hanging out with their cousin Liam!





Opening up their valentines.  Love Ike's face!















Dave got Lego blind bags from Gamma.  Here's a video.











With Bumblebee at the Indy Children's Museum.

















Dave always talks someone into putting him on shoulders...





Playing music at the awesome China exhibit.




Ike and Papa Charlie checking out the dinosaurs.







Josh celebrated his 32nd (!!!!) birthday since my last post.






Somebody is turning into a huge IU basketball fan.  He is constantly trying to stay up late to watch games with me.  :)





Josh and Ike doing a little car maintenance.







Ike walked in with this get-up the other day.  Pajamas, a blower, and a helmet.  He is ready to take on the world!











In other news, Dave has turned into a surly teenager the past couple of weeks.  He has told me on multiple occasions that I need to stop being mean to him (this was in reference to me asking him to put on jeans and not sweatpants for church) and he loves telling me, "Mom, you are just trying to make me upset!!".  Eek.  The next 15 years should be interesting, haha.  Ike on the other hand has begun throwing huge tantrums (like the one today at Aldi when I wouldn't let him eat cheese puffs) and will not quit saying, "poopbutt".  What is going on with these boys!?!  I am thinking we all just need a vacation...heading to Florida on Thursday and it can't come soon enough!

No comments: