Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September So Far

Whew I am behind!  I think I am having some trouble adjusting to only having one child around during the day to pester for pictures. :)  Ike and I have also been tackling some home improvement projects so that has also kept us busy!  Dave is doing great in school...still struggling with eating a reasonable lunch but we are working on it!

Our big project has been painting our back deck.  Josh power washed it for me and then Ike and I got down to business.






Bennett stopped by so I could put him to work!














Notice Ike's all brown outfit for painting.













The after picture.  I also painted the back door (as well as the front door!).  Looks so much better.



Last week Josh and Ike helped a group on campus who was picking up sticks after they knocked trees down.




Last Sunday we met Josh's parents for picnic near their "broken house" (the house they are fixing up in Wabash).  Near the picnic area there is a cool waterfall with a stream to play in.






Dave exploring in the stream.














Josh took the boys to visit Grandma Bertie in Logansport.  Cuteness!








Finally, today we had Dave's bestie Alec over after school for a bit.  I filled up lots and lots of water balloons so they could have a war.






The before picture.






Ike always does this...he cannot resist biting the balloons to see what happens.






They had some pretty good chase scenes :)









We had a pretty busy Labor Day weekend also, but I missed out on taking pictures!  We enjoyed two delicious cookouts-one with staff on campus and one with a cottage.  I love having nights off of cooking!!  I think we are all looking forward to some cooler weather in the upcoming week-maybe it's just me but I am tired of these 90 degree days.  






No comments: