Monday, August 17, 2009

Pictures and Ducks

Alright, so as promised I am going to post some pics of what we've been up to lately.

I'm getting big...this is me with the storks at the Fort Wayne Zoo. I'm at 25 weeks in this picture.









We went to lots of cool places out west...
Hoover Dam









Grand Canyon-we went on a sunset tour, so pretty









Treasure Island in Vegas-we stayed here a couple of nights










I've also been making some things for the baby. Since we're cloth diapering, we're also cloth wiping (is that a word?). So, I made us quite the stash, all for under $10. It's just terry cloth on one side and flannel on the other. Stitched, turned, and stitched closed. To use, you wet with water or water and baby soap of your choosing. Then wash with diapers. Kinda gross, but cheaper.













I also finished my new niece's (due in a month) baby blanket.










And speaking of baby related things, Josh's mom threw his sister and I a baby shower up here at a really cute bread shop in Wabash. Here's me and Britt at the shower, where we were lavished with gifts, most of mine coming in the form of ducks. The animal of choice for gender neutral :)






Well, that was one whopper of a post. Hopefully I can keep up again now that I'm getting back in the swing of things. We're getting two new guys tomorrow, fingers crossed they're not completely crazy. You just never know. And I have my glucose test and rhogam shot tomorrow, fun fun.
p.s. Josh wanted everyone to know that he is hungry. He said he'd never read the blog again if I didn't put it. The thing is, he never reads it anyway...guess the joke's on me :)

1 comment:

Dana & Keith Newbrough said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. I wish you a healthy and wonderful pregancy... continue to keep up the blog with bump pictures and then baby pictures. I can't wait to see your little one.