Saturday, January 16, 2010

Visit to Evansville (6 weeks update)

I promised I would update about visiting my family down in Evansville (Newburgh really)-so here goes.

Josh and I took a week's vacation (just the end of my maternity leave) and headed down for Dave to meet lots of new people with the added bonus of relaxation. It was a great trip!

We split the time between my mom and dad's (proud grandparents all around) and with all the babysitters Josh and I got to go on a couple of dates. Very nice for new parents! Tony took us to something called Quiz Night which was super fun, even though we didn't win (good try though team).

Mom also hosted a little open house for people to come meet Dave-thanks to everyone who came...it was wonderful to see everyone.

Alright, on to pictures. My grandpa (one of the Dave's he is named after) was absolutely smitten with the little fella, as you can see-















He also got to meet his Uncle Tony. It took a little warming up for Ton to gain Dave's good graces...



Dave was a little skeptical at first.









Since we were off, Josh got to dress Dave in his favorite outfits. The poor kid was stuck in footie pjs when I was dressing him.





He is loving his jumpman sock hat.








And finally, we took a four generation picture with my mom and grandpa-pretty cool.










Well, since Dave is already 7 weeks, I have a post to catch up-so look for that here in a couple of days. Hope everyone is well!

No comments: