Monday, September 20, 2010

Sumner Wildlife Museum

Last Wednesday Dave, Josh, and I made a visit to a local museum. We had been meaning to go for a while and finally went to check it out.

This place was AWESOME. Mr. Sheets went on numerous hunts/fishing trips throughout his life and donated a great portion of his collection to this museum. He has basically hunted every sweet animal you'd ever want to see. I'll let a couple pictures speak for themselves.





Tiger. I think it had been killing cattle and maybe had killed a couple local villagers. That was why Sheets was able to hunt it. Otherwise, they are protected.








Dave was mesmerized by the baboon.












I forget what kind of shark this was. I think my favorite part of the museum was the fish section.







Lion and other various African animals.








This moose was enormous.






Dave absolutely loved it and spent most of the time talking to the animals. He didn't really get that they were dead.
Of course, I took a video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NNSzDvFlm8

Here's our little angel after he dug a brownie out of the trash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDlg02fdxO8



This past week, Dave came down with an ear infection. He's been pretty sick (but has gotten much better) and this has completely messed up his sleeping. Anyway, Dave decided to get up at 4 AM the other day and was ridiculously chipper.
Here's the evidence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15789-3wWcg

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I think the real question here is why would someone throw away that brownie in the first place???