Friday, September 10, 2010

Visit to Evansville

We just came back from a week long vacation to Evansville to visit my family. Dave became reacquainted with everybody and even was able to see my grandma and cousin from Kansas. All around a great time! I'll tell our journey in pictures, since that's what everybody really wants to see :)



Grandpa and Dave hanging out at Angel Mounds. We had to make a pit stop under the pecan grove because it was insanely hot this day. Of course we went on the only hot day we were down there!







Us in front of the main mound. Turns out these are not burial mounds like I've thought my entire life. Not as cool now...









It was much nicer on Friday so we went for a walk in downtown Evansville with my brother.








Saturday we went to the zoo with my dad, grandma, Tony, and my cousin Sabrina. This is our Hiatt four generations picture.










Dave takes jaguars very seriously.










Checking out some kind of reptile with Josh and my cousin Sabrina. Dave absolutely loved all the wildlife (as well as people watching)!









This is Donna the hippo. She is the oldest hippo in captivity-I think it said she was 57. I could not believe how huge she is, the picture does not do her justice.













Dave and dad at the petting zoo.











Sunday evening we all went to grandpa's to have pizza and celebrate my Aunt Kathy's birthday. Here's the Bradfield four generations picture.







On Tuesday we took a picnic to Wesselman Park with my mom. Dave really loves to swing!








And finally, Dave was big enough to ride in his car on this trip. Mom was racing him up and down the side walk and he had a fabulous time.




How's that for some pictures!?

In other news, Dave waved for the first time at my grandpa as we were leaving. I was so pumped! Now he sort of does it most of the time. He's a little selective still. He is also clapping on occasion, which we've been working on for months. And finally, he can stand up without holding on to something. So, he no longer crawls anywhere. It's kind of crazy.


Hopefully some people made it through all that! If you did, here's a video treat for you...

Dave talking to the turtles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9khc6Oshk

No comments: