Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Countdown



I forgot to post our solution to keeping Dave out of the Christmas tree. Works like a charm! The giant baby gate doesn't quite fit into my Christmas decor, but it beats Dave busting all of our ornaments!







I spent a lot of time this week researching, brining, and finally baking a turkey for the cottage Christmas party. I used Alton Brown's turkey recipe and it turned out great! Here's my turkey in all its glory.













Otherwise, we've been gearing up for Christmas. We have all of our shopping done, presents wrapped, and I've been baking up a storm. I love this time of year! Here's Dave in his Christmas shirt Josh's mom got him.






It was impossible to get him to sit still!











Having a blast in the bath.










Anytime he gets quiet at Josh's parent's house, we check the stairs. Usually he's about half way up. I think he knows he's in trouble!






Dave received a fisher price barn toy from our friends (fellow houseparents) the Lauers. He loves it...here he is playing with it. Playing with barn.

And he finally knows how to give kisses. Kissing the Lorax.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Melanie-I've made 3 turkeys using Alton Brown's recipe, it is the best! Once you brine a turkey any other just isn't the same.

Chelsea said...

Does that kid ever wear pants???? Hee hee.