Wednesday, December 22, 2010

First Play in the Snow

This past weekend, my dad, stepmom, step brother, and his girlfriend all came up to visit with us. Josh and I had to work, but I was able to hang out quite a bit while Josh watched the cottage. We celebrated Christmas with them since we won't be able to go down to Evansville until the middle of January.

Present opening:





Is this for me?! One of Kyra's coworkers painted a Grinch ornament for Christmas. She is the same one who painted the Dr. Seuss paintings in his room. I'll try to remember to post a picture-it looks awesome!









Dave takes present opening very seriously. He looks so concentrated in every picture!





Dave received lots of cool stuff, including a giant tub of legos. Of course, he insists on either climbing into the tub or onto it when the lid is on. I think his favorite activity is causing my heart rate to increase.



Speaking of heart rates increasing...

My mom bought this for Dave for Christmas. (It's one of those play gym things with a slide). Anyway, I took this picture only seconds before he tried to "slide" down while standing up. He really is quite the daredevil.






The weather has been extremely cold up here. Today we had a reasonably warm morning and it was snowing, so I decided to take Dave out to enjoy it.





Here he is after falling in the snow. I think he likes it!












Dave's a little self absorbed. He's checking out his reflection in the door.
You can also see his cowboy camouflage snow boots-so cute!







Whew, it sure feels like we've been busy lately! One last thing-Dave absolutely LOVES nutcrackers for some reason. I have a bunch for decorations at Christmas and we have huge ones in the cottage. Dave snagged one of them, and I got it on video. Nutcracker and Dave.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: