Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trip to Columbus

This past weekend, we went to visit my mom and Andrew at their new apartment in Columbus. We had a superb time, and can't wait to go back! It was so awesome to be in a major metropolitan area. One of the highlights of my visit was getting to go (for the first time!) to a Trader Joe's AND a Whole Foods. I totally felt like Richard Blais as I checked it out. We lead a very sheltered life here in Wabash!






Hanging out with his new (to him) slide in their apartment.







On Saturday, my mom and I went to check out the Cleopatra exhibit in Cincinnati-it was awesome! In the meantime, Josh took Dave to the Columbus Zoo. I think they had an equally good time.


At the entrance. Josh apologizes for the quality of pictures. I think he was taking them on the wrong setting. It is also incredibly difficult to corral a 17 month old and take pictures at the same time.








This bear was asleep until Dave woke him up. Good thing there was a barrier between them!








Hanging with the goats.









Dave and the polar bear. This sounds like a pretty awesome zoo-I can't wait to go visit it soon. We are getting a pass to the Fort Wayne Zoo, so we get half off at several other zoos, including the Columbus one. Pretty cool.



We left Sunday morning and had lunch with Josh's parents. It was very nice out, so we were able to hang out and soak up some rays before coming home. After we made it home, Josh thought it may be prime time for mushroom hunting. So, we ventured out, and discovered quite a good spot.






Here are our mushrooms that we gathered in less than an hour.






Once I download the pictures and videos from Josh's and my mom's phones, I'll post again-sorry no videos this time. Check back in a couple of days.

No comments: