Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Springtime in Evansville

It had been a couple of months since our last trip to Evansville, so we packed up and headed that way Friday afternoon. We had a great weekend-very relaxing, lots of grandma and grandpa time with Dave so Josh and I could do our own thing.

On Saturday, Josh and Dad went to a class at church about people in poverty-both of them seemed to enjoy it and got a lot of good information out of it. While they were doing that, Mom, Dave, and I went shopping for some new maternity jeans for me (Dave was really pumped!). Afterward, we headed to Dad's house so Dave could help plant his garden.




I seem to be getting lots of pictures with this face/scowl. Must be a phase.






Helping papa Charlie plant strawberries. As usual, help is a loose term. Josh and I went out shopping and when we came back, Dave was only in a diaper. Apparently, things got a little messy when Dad got the water hose out.








Dave was the only one brave enough to try out Dad and Kyra's pool. I'd say it was a steamy 50 or so degrees. Not exactly my thing, but Dave had fun.








Helping papa put the filling in peppers. I didn't get a picture of it, but Dave was licking the filling out of the peppers-cooking with babies isn't very clean.






On Sunday morning, Josh and I went to church with Dad, while Dave stayed back to cook brunch with mom and Andrew.

Here's our big helper again. Mixing pancakes maybe? Andrew must be giving him a good tip, he looks engrossed in conversation.
Being without clothes seemed to be a theme this weekend-he was in only a diaper again when we got back from church. Apparently there was an incident with his oatmeal.





My aunt and uncle, Tony, cousin Dusty, and grandpa all came over for brunch. It was great to see everybody!




Dave and papa Dave hanging out. I missed getting a picture of Aunt Kathy having a water gun fight with Dave.









More Dave and papa cuteness.






After brunch, Tony, Mom, and Josh got 9 holes of golf in while I went over to my dad's. Tony and Josh popped in after golf, and then Josh and I left Dave in papa's care while we went out to eat. We had a gift card Dad and Kyra gave us at Christmas to go to a Japanese steakhouse. Yum!

Of course, the weekend went too fast, and it was Monday and time to drive home. We had a great weekend and can't wait to get back!

No comments: