Monday, May 26, 2014

Four and a half?!?!

Geez this kid grows up too fast!  Today marks his 4.5 years on earth, which he was actually pretty excited about.  Dave continues to amaze us-he is just so funny and personable to be around.  He really cracks us up all the time and has incredible insight for being so young.

I asked him a couple of questions, and here they are:

Favorite Food-Banana
Favorite Song-"Pompeii" by Bastille
What he wants to be when he grows up-"Worker at Meijer, oh wait, I mean Walmart".
Favorite Book-Avengers
I really like video games
I really don't like to be bothered, especially while playing my video games

I have no clue about his career aspirations, and I am not sure why banana popped into his head (he only eats them occasionally).  He definitely loves that Bastille song, we even did some research about volcanoes and watched youtube videos of the Vesuvius eruption.  That kid sure loves his youtube!  He and Josh still watch the videos about Transformer toys (and many others) every night before bed.  And I won't get started about his video game obsession...just know that it is intense and he loooooves any Lego game.

He spends lots of time building stuff out of actual Legos and pretending scenes with his many action figures. Dave loves having conversations with adults and always asks everyone we see how they are doing, how their day has been, etc.  He has now finished with his first year of preschool, and will move up to Pre-K next year!







Last day of preschool (until next year).





At the graduation/promotion ceremony.  He did a great job!












Dave is really into jumping on our neighbor's trampoline, or "trampa" as he likes to call it.  I got him to do some sweet moves for me the other day.









My favorite one-practicing to be a superhero.




Trampoline time!







Stunning in some shades.












Have I mentioned how much he loves wearing sweats?  I am so glad it's finally warm enough to retire those for a while!  Dave has been sleeping a little better recently, usually staying in his own bed until around 4 or 5 before wanting to sleep with one of us.  However, he still gets up at the crack of dawn every morning...boo to that!  Praying for the day that he wants to sleep in!  He is super stubborn at times and can fuss and whine better than any other kid out there.  Usually, this whining results in multiple time outs and/or the loss of his video game.  That's also been getting better lately, so I am hoping that he is getting past this stage.

I'm pretty sure that he and Josh are constantly conspiring against me.  The other day I asked him something and he turned to Josh and said, "Mom's crazy isn't she?".  Haha, I think the cats out of the bag for that!  Anyway, he really is a great kid and it is such a joy being his parents!  He may tire us out with his constant questions and general craziness, but I wouldn't change him for the world.


No comments: