Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween! (11 months old)

Last week I posted Dave's Halloween costume before he was able to wear it. Unfortunately, we were not able to attend the Trunk-or-Treat to show him off in it. He came down with an ear infection on Monday and has been feeling poorly ever since. So, we had a photo session today with him in his outfit.




I think he actually kind of enjoyed his costume!
This was the first time that he was super smiley in almost a week.











Here he is on his favorite toy-the firetruck. Probably the most annoying thing I've ever encountered, but he absolutely loves it! You'll see more of it later.






We did go trick-or-treat at our friends the Lauers (houseparents at White's). We were supposed to get together with them on Tuesday, but couldn't because of Dave's sickness and the freak storm that knocked out the power (and had the guys out of school a half day).






Dave figured out to get on and off of his firetruck on his own. On this occasion, he was a little confused about the correct direction.








And he turned 11 months this week! Holy cow, he'll be a year before I know it. This picture was extremely difficult to get. He has grown increasingly interested in the sign that I use to take the picture. And you'll notice the set I use to make the sign only came with one #1. I had to use an L.




We had to work this weekend and we were both feeling sick (as well as Dave). Definitely made for a junky weekend. Luckily, we had a light cottage so we were able to take frequent breaks (in shifts of course, no students were left unsupervised!). Also, Josh's parents watched Dave on Saturday afternoon so I could take a nap. Awesome! We are all starting to feel better and hope to be fully recovered soon!

On to videos.

I keep catching Dave "reading" his books. But this is the first time I've caught him on tape. This is a very strange activity for him, as he is usually rampaging through the house.
Reading his book.

Dave decided to stand up on his firetruck...with no hands. Fabulous. Standing on firetruck.

And here he is gabbing away on my cell phone. Cell phone conversation with himself.

No comments: