Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New skills




This face either means he's being super cute or is calculating his next move.





We have had a very eventful week in terms of Dave developments. The biggest one being that he can now climb out of everything. Cribs, highchairs, pack-n-plays. He is quite the climber and goes around saying "I climb!". My favorite so far was when he tried to climb up the oven.




He climbed into his toy basket to watch tv.






Obviously, his new climbing skill has been a bit of a challenge, especially when it comes to naps and bedtime. He has pretty much stopped taking naps at Josh's parents' house because he either gets his legs stuck in the bars or climbs out (which is a pretty far drop for him). At home, I just have a conversation with him about not climbing out before I lay him down. It's been pretty successful so far-only one break out attempt since we started the pep talks.

He also learned to say "I love you" this week. Sometimes he repeats it to me after I say it to him. Other times I just tell him to say it because it's ridiculously adorable. It certainly helps to hear after all the trouble he's been getting into lately!


Last Thursday we took yet another trip to the pumpkin patch. Hey, it's free and Dave loves it.





Here's how we get Dave to smile for family pictures.









It takes a lot of work to get him to smile at the camera!









Dave in the maze of giant pumpkins.









Loving the tractor. Here's a video of him "driving".






And another video...attacking his play gym.

No comments: