Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Dave and I have been a little under the weather lately. He has an ear infection (he's on medication, and it's quite the struggle to get him to take it), and I just have a bad cold. I think we're over the worst of it now.




Here's Dave from earlier in the week. Looking a little rough.












Still pretty smiley though.







On Wednesday, my dad and Kyra came up to visit with us and celebrate Christmas. They cooked dinner for the cottage on Wednesday night (ham, mac and cheese, and corn, yum!).





Dave giving his approval of the delicious ham.













Dad and Dave doing story time. He had to read the same book over and over.






They left on Friday, and then we have worked the rest of the weekend. It's our last three day weekend since we start our new schedule tomorrow. Can't wait!!

I thought since I am not doing Dave's monthly pictures anymore, I'd do an update on the first of the month with what he's been up to.

He is now pretty consistently counting to 10. He even gets three in there now (he used to skip it all the time). He talks all the time and I think he's to the point that most people can understand him. I realized yesterday that I completely rely on language when communicating with him now. Pretty cool. A lot less frustrating then guessing.

He has stopped using his highchair for the most part and instead sits at a table and chairs set he got for Christmas. Other than that, he's really into trains lately, will sit for a long time with his train and tracks.




I found him stacking his cars on top of the new ramp he got for Christmas. He was so proud of himself!









He loves looking through this red plate.













Dave's styling in his new batman pj's from Dad and Kyra.







Hope everyone had a great New Years! We were working, so just came in after we were off for the night and watched the ball drop. Pretty uneventful, but about all you can do when you have to work the next day.

No comments: