Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Keeping busy on cold winter days

The weather lately has been crazy-warmish one day and then frigid the next. So, we are doing anything that we can think of to keep Dave entertained. It's not going very well...Florida can't come soon enough!

On Friday, we had the lovely Corabelle over so her parents could go out for a much deserved evening out. Dave did pretty well while she was here, but it took a couple days to get him to stop pointing at me and saying "this is my mommy?!".



Of course the only picture I took all night wasn't the greatest. Corabelle looks pretty concerned about Dave.










You know, just hanging out in his M&M shirt (thanks Lauers) and camo cowboy hat. This boy has style.












He actually kept the hat on! Here he is playing with his ramps.







I wanted to get Dave the real Legos for Christmas, but they conveniently ran out of all kinds right before I could get any. They came back in stock, and arrived in the mail today. Now Dave can build big towers to his heart's content!





Building his towers (and tunnels now, very advanced) while watching Wild Kratts.







As I have mentioned before, our garage is heated. Dave is in love with playing in the car right now. He likes to drive and order me to sit in certain seats. Josh said he played drive-thru with him the other day and Dave thought it was hilarious.





While he was on a drive. I can't get over how much he looks like Josh in this picture.





Finally, here's a video of him "riding" his tricycle. He insists on wearing either my huge bike helmet or some kind of hat while operating riding toys. I give Dora all the credit on this one, she's always wearing her seat belt or helmets, "so we can be safe!". Riding the trike.

1 comment:

The Drakes said...

We LOVE the Wild Kratts too!