Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trip to Evansville

Last weekend we took an extra day to extend our weekend and bopped on down to Evansville to hang out with my family. We spent a lot of time relaxing and kept pretty busy. While we were there mom gave us a new toy-a little HD camcorder/camera. The first few pictures are taken with it-it does a pretty good job!



Dave helped Kyra make cakes.







She even trusted him with dumping in the flour.







Cute picture of Dave and Tony.







Dave and dad goofing off in the kitchen.





Our big reasons for going down there this weekend were food related. Dad and Kyra saved back a prime rib to cook for us, and we had a gift card to a Japanese steakhouse to use up. Unfortunately, I came down with the stomach flu and all of are (my) dreams of eating vanished.
I am feeling much better now, but it was touch and go there for a while.






Dave and grandpa Dave right before we took off to come back home.




We made it home safely, though the car trip did seem endless.




Playing in his new tent (courtesy of Gamma).









Pretending his tent is a rocket ship. It also turns into a plane.






Lots of great updates to mention! We are moving!!! We finally got the approval to move our entire cottage over to cottage 2-it's right next door. Our apartment will have....wait for it...SIX bedrooms. I cannot wait to get over there. Hopefully we'll move in the next couple of weeks.

Another update-Dave knows his letters! He has started pointing them out to us and gets 90% correct. He has a little trouble with B vs D and Y vs V, stuff like that. I am giving Word World (Dave's favorite show right now) all the credit. Seriously, it's a super-cute show and is extremely educational.

Otherwise, Dave continues to improve in his speech-he routinely comes up and asks me "what you eating there mom?" and then tries to steal all of my food. I think we may be past the climbing out of crib phase, at least for now. Bedtime has been a little rough the past few weeks. But I think when we move we're going to make him a big kid room and ditch the crib. I'll report on how that works :)

No comments: