Friday, September 6, 2013

Dave's First Day of School

My baby is all grown up.  I am barely coping with the fact that he has officially started his journey in school.  Next thing I know he'll be off to college...there must be a way to slow this down!

So I have these grand ideas that someday Dave and his children or grandchildren will be reading my blog posts (don't spoil my dreams) and since I can't be crafty enough to create a killer sign like I see on pinterest, I thought I would do a first day of school questionnaire with him every year and stick it on the blog.

Dave's 1st Year of Preschool

Teacher-Miss Tammy 

Favorite Food-Meat (pork chops and meatloaf) and mac and cheese

Favorite Song- "Dad Gum" by Heavy Metal Mater (from Mater's Tall Tales

What I want to be when I grow up-
   1) Work with Daddy in his office.  When I asked him what dad does all day he said, "he looks at his computer"
   2) "You'll see me on TV fighting the Green Goblin"  -I think that means he would be Spiderman?

When I asked him to name a real job...
   3) "Driving a monster truck is a real job...or a motorcycle"

So there you have it.  Dave has a fantastic imagination.  And he's a tiny bit unrealistic when it comes to career goals.









Excited for his first day!

















 Checking out his awesome sign  :)



















I may or may not have bribed him with a kit kat for this one.













He did great his first two days.  No tears, and it seems he had a good time.  When I asked him what he learned at preschool he said, "stuff".  So I guess that is what I'm going to hear every day after school for the next 14 or so years.  Awesome.

No comments: