Thursday, September 19, 2013

Folly Beach Pier and Wadmalaw Island

The house where we are staying in is about a 10 minute walk to Folly Beach pier.  It's super long and an excellent fishing spot apparently.  We just walked up and down it then let the kids play underneath.




Ike and I posing at the end.




Gamma and the boys.




Under the pier.  I thought it looked really cool.






Ike loved playing in the pools left from the tide.




Digging some holes.




Did I mention that it was really long?









My aunt and uncle live out on Wadmalaw Island, which is kind of a suburb to Charleston (an extremely rural suburb that is about 30 minutes from downtown).  It is mostly residences with some random businesses thrown in.  We went out to see their house and do some fishing on Tuesday.





Ike staring down their dogs.




Tree next to their dock.




Dave Superman doing some fishing.






Mom and Laura playing with Ike.












While we were out on Wadmalaw, my mom, Laura, and I went to Irvin House Winery for a wine tasting.  It was really fun, and we learned all kinds of stuff about muscadine wine.  We also checked out Firefly Distillery (which is made by the same people as the wine). The boys stayed and did some fishing and general piddling around while we were gone, and I think they had a pretty good time.  Dave and Josh both caught crabs and I caught a fish!

No comments: